Membership is open to all immunologists, physicians, biochemists, dentists, veterinarians and other scientists who conduct research in or who have an interest in mucosal immunology.
- Access to Mucosal Immunology, the preeminent journal in the field of mucosal immunology with a 6.103 Impact Factor
- Discounted registration to ICMI 2017
- Access to the SMI Membership Directory for collaboration with colleagues
- Leadership opportunities for student/trainees
- 20% off Principles of Mucosal Immunology, the official textbook of SMI
- Networking opportunities with leaders in the field
- Reduced page and color charges for members who submit papers to Mucosal Immunology
- Free job postings in SMI career center
|Membership Type||1 Year||2 Year|
|Regular Membership (Print & Online Journal included)||$180||$324|
|Student/Trainee Membership (Print and Online Journal included)||$55||$99|
|Student/Trainee Membership (Online Journal Only)||$35||$63|
|Scientists from Under-Represented Countries (Print and Online Journal included)||$55||$99|
|Scientists from Under-Represented Countries (Online Journal Only)||$35||$63|
For details of eligibility for each membership type, see qualification section below.
SMI Membership at a Glance
How to Apply
5 Easy Steps to SMI Membership
- Choose the Membership Type that fits you
- Have the name of an SMI member for your referral ready*
- Verify you don’t already have an account with SMI by clicking here
- Click on the Membership tab and add membership to cart
- Fill out the payment information and submit!
- New Members: New applicants must upload their CV/Resume at the time of application. If the potential member is unable to provide their CV/Resume, please contact the SMI Membership & Marketing Assistant at (414) 359-1650 ext 1123.
- Regular Membership: Anyone who is currently working in the field of Mucosal Immunology.
- Student/Trainee Membership: Anyone who is considered a student in any capacity (i.e. Graduate Student, Post-Doc, currently in training, etc.) is eligible for student membership.
- Scientists from Under-Represented Countries: Those who are residing in under-represented countries are eligible for a reduced membership rate. Please click here to view a list of eligible countries.
- Emeritus Membership: Those who are retired from full-time employment and who have been members of SMI for at least 5 years are eligible for Emeritus membership.
For more information about Individual Membership please contact Kelly Griffiths, SMI Membership and Marketing Assistant, at (414) 359-1650, extension 1123.