Board of Councilors Nominations
Nominations are now closed for the 2023 Society for Mucosal Immunology Board of Councilor Elections.
The final slate of candidates will be identified and nominees notified of ballot inclusions the week of March 27th. The election results will be finalized after the membership vote, with candidates informed of the final results by May 1, 2023. Here were the open positions in 2023:
- This is a 2 year term as a full voting member of the Board of Councilors
- This Officer position serves on the Executive Committee of the Board and as a voting member of the Board of Councilors.
- The Treasurer oversees the Society's financial statements and provides updates to the Board of Councilors at regular intervals as well as to the Society during the Annual Meeting.
- The Treasurer will receive a specific orientation and/or training on the Society's financial processes and reports, and is supported in their role by Society staff.
- Each Councilor serves a 2 year term as a full voting member of the Board of Councilors.
- The 2023 election will include 1 Councilor position representing the Americas in accordance with our election rotation. (The board composition includes a total of 4 councilors from the Americas, 2 from Europe/Africa and 2 from Australia/Asia.)
- Each Councilor is eligible to serve up to 2 consecutive, 2-year terms in their position, if re-elected by the SMI membership.
- Industry Affiliated Councilor
- This Councilor serves a 2 year term as a full voting member of the Board of Councilors.
- This position is not geographically restricted, but aims to provide at least 1 dedicated seat on the Board representing members from Industry.
- This Councilor is eligible to serve up to 2 consecutive, 2-year terms in this position, if re-elected by the SMI membership.
All newly-elected Councilors and Treasurer will be invited to, and encouraged to, attend the Board of Councilors regular meetings.
If you have any questions about the elections process, or board membership, please reach out to Elizabeth Schlicht, SMI Executive Director, at email@example.com.