SMI is a home for all those studying and conducting research in mucosal immunology and is the source for information in mucosal immunology. Membership is open to all immunologists, physicians, biochemists, dentists, veterinarians or other scientists who do research in or who have an interest in mucosal immunology. Individuals may apply for membership by submitting a completed application for membership.
- Access to Mucosal Immunology, the preeminent journal in the field of mucosal immunology with a 6.103 Impact Factor
- Discounted registration to ICMI 2017
- Access to the SMI Membership Directory for collaboration with colleagues
- Leadership opportunities for student/trainees
- 20% off Principles of Mucosal Immunology, the official textbook of SMI
- Networking opportunities with leaders in the field
- Reduced page and color charges for members who submit papers to Mucosal Immunology
- Free job postings in SMI career center
- New Members: New applicants must upload their CV/Resume the time of application. If the potential member is unable to provide a CV/Resume, his or her application please email the SMI Membership & Marketing Coordinator.
- Regular Membership: Anyone who is currently working in the field of Mucosal Immunology.
- Student/Trainee Membership: Anyone who is considered a student in any capacity (i.e. Graduate Student, Post-Doc, currently in training, etc.) is eligible for student membership.
- Scientists from Under-Represented Countries: Those who are residing in under-represented countries are eligible for a reduced membership rate. Please click here to view a list of eligible countries.
- Emeritus Membership: Those who are retired from full-time employment and who have been members of SMI for at least 5 years are eligible for Emeritus membership.