SMI membership is open to all immunologists, physicians, biochemists, dentists, veterinarians, and other scientists who conduct research in or who have an interest in mucosal immunology.
- Discounted event and conference registration
- Access to our Webinar Series archives
- Exclusive networking, leadership, and training opportunities
- Free job postings in the SMI career center.
- Access to Mucosal Immunology, the premier journal in the field
- Reduced page and color fees for papers submitted to Mucosal Immunology
- Access to the SMI membership directory for connecting with colleagues
- 20% off Principles of Mucosal Immunology, the official SMI textbook
SMI Membership at a Glance
|1-Year Membership||2-Year Membership||5-Year Membership|
|Regular Membership (Print & Online Journal included)||$200||$340||$810|
|Regular Membership (Online Journal Only)||$120||$205||$510|
|Student/Trainee Membership (Print and Online Journal included)||$65||$110||–|
|Student/Trainee Membership (Online Journal Only)||$45||$75||–|
|Scientists from Under-Represented Countries (Print and Online Journal included)||$55||$95||$235|
|Scientists from Under-Represented Countries (Online Journal Only)||$35||$60||$150|
|Early Career Investigator (Online Journal Only)||$100||–||–|
Lab Group Add-Ons
Print & Online Journal
|Regular Membership Add-On 1-5 student/trainee members||$180||$180|
|Scientists from Under-Represented Countries Membership Add-On 1-5 student/trainee members||$35||$55|
*Lab group membership add-ons are available to any current SMI member classified as Regular, Early Career Investigator or Scientist from Under-Represented Countries. Lab group members are identified by the initiating SMI member and the annual fee includes up to 5 student/trainee members from their lab. This fee can be doubled to include up to 10 student/trainee members, with further discounts available for 2 or 5 year lab group membership add-ons. Add the lab group during your membership renewal/signup process, or contact Blake Manz at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- New Members: New applicants must upload their CV/resume at the time of application. If the potential member is unable to provide their CV/resume, please contact the SMI Membership & Marketing Manager at (414) 359-1650.
- Regular Membership: Anyone who is currently working in the field of Mucosal Immunology. A doctoral degree is not required for membership in SMI.
- Student/Trainee Membership: Anyone who is considered a student in any capacity (i.e. graduate student, post-doc, currently in training, etc.) is eligible for student/trainee membership.
- Scientists from Under-Represented Countries: Individuals who are residing in under-represented countries are eligible for a reduced membership rate. These countries include, but are not limited to, Argentina, Belize, Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Cuba, Dominica, Ecuador, Estonia, Gambia, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Israel, Mexico, Nigeria, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Serbia, South Africa, Ukraine, Uruguay, and Vietnam. If you are a resident of a country that is not included on this list, please view this list of eligible countries (PDF) or contact us.
- Emeritus Membership: Those who are retired from full-time employment and who have been members of SMI for at least 5 years are eligible for Emeritus membership.
- Early Career Investigator Membership: Anyone who has progressed beyond the student/trainee phase is eligible for this membership category for up to three (3) years before transition to the regular membership category.
For more information about Individual Membership please contact Blake Manz, SMI Membership and Marketing Manager, at (414) 359-1123.