SMI membership is open to all immunologists, physicians, biochemists, dentists, veterinarians, and other scientists who conduct research in or who have an interest in mucosal immunology.
- Discounted event and conference registration
- Exclusive networking, leadership, and training opportunities
- Free job postings in the SMI career center Access to Mucosal Immunology, the premier journal in the field
- Reduced page and color fees for papers submitted to Mucosal Immunology
- Access to the SMI membership directory for connecting with colleagues
- 20% off Principles of Mucosal Immunology, the official SMI textbook
SMI Membership at a Glance
|1-Year Membership||2-Year Membership||5-Year Membership|
|Regular Membership (Print & Online Journal included)||$200||$360||$810|
|Student/Trainee Membership (Print and Online Journal included)||$65||$120||–|
|Student/Trainee Membership (Online Journal Only)||$45||$80||–|
|Scientists from Under-Represented Countries (Print and Online Journal included)||$55||$99||$245|
|Scientists from Under-Represented Countries (Online Journal Only)||$35||$63||$155|
|Early Career Investigator (Online Journal Only)||$100||–||–|
|Lab Group Membership (Online Journal Only)||Varies||Varies||–|
- New Members: New applicants must upload their CV/resume at the time of application. If the potential member is unable to provide their CV/resume, please contact the SMI Membership & Marketing Manager at (414) 359-1650.
- Regular Membership: Anyone who is currently working in the field of Mucosal Immunology. A doctoral degree is not required for membership in SMI.
- Student/Trainee Membership: Anyone who is considered a student in any capacity (i.e. graduate student, post-doc, currently in training, etc.) is eligible for student/trainee membership.
- Scientists from Under-Represented Countries: Individuals who are residing in under-represented countries are eligible for a reduced membership rate. These countries include, but are not limited to, Argentina, Belize, Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Cuba, Dominica, Ecuador, Estonia, Gambia, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Israel, Mexico, Nigeria, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Serbia, South Africa, Ukraine, Uruguay, and Vietnam. If you are a resident of a country that is not included on this list, please view this list of eligible countries (PDF) or contact us.
- Emeritus Membership: Those who are retired from full-time employment and who have been members of SMI for at least 5 years are eligible for Emeritus membership.
- Early Career Investigator Membership: Anyone who has progressed beyond the student/trainee phase is eligible for this membership category for up to three (3) years before transition to the regular membership category.
- Lab Group Membership: Members classified as Regular, Early Career Investigator, and Scientists from Under-Represented Countries may add additional memberships for qualified student/trainee members from their lab groups at an additional cost of of their annual membership fee for up to five (5) qualifying trainees. For lab groups with more than five (5) trainees, this fee structure may be doubled for up to ten (10) trainees
For more information about Individual Membership please contact Blake Manz, SMI Membership and Marketing Manager, at (414) 359-1123.